Jake’s Help from Heaven General Grant Application
Jake’s Help from Heaven, founded in 2011, is a non-profit dedicated to supporting individuals with complex medical needs and disabilities resulting from congenital or childhood-onset diseases. Our primary objective is to improve the livelihoods of these persons as they confront the challenges of managing lifelong, debilitating illness.
Please read the following requirements carefully. Incomplete applications or those submitted in unacceptable formats will not be reviewed.
- Grants are limited to individuals living within 100 miles of Saratoga Springs, New York.
- Grants are restricted to individuals with complex medical needs and disabilities resulting from congenital or childhood-onset diseases. Applicants of all ages with lifelong, debilitating illnesses are welcome to apply.
- Completion of the following application with the signature of pediatrician/primary care doctor or social worker.
- A doctor’s prescription and/or a professional letter of medical necessity by a doctor, therapist, teacher, or care worker. The letters of medical necessity must be signed and dated, preferably on letterhead.
- Proof of payment is required for reimbursement or vendor information for direct purchase. We do not award money for general donations or support.
- Applicants should submit their completed applications with all required documents at one time, and not in separate pieces.
- Electronic applications must be submitted in PDF format. We DO NOT accept jpegs or screenshots.
- There is a $2,500 cap per applicant per calendar year. Applicants may apply multiple times within a calendar year but are only eligible to be awarded a total of $2,500 within that year.
- Applicants requesting a grant of over $1,000 may be asked to submit a current income tax return or other financial information.
- In the event that you receive your requested item elsewhere, please alert us immediately so that we can withdraw your application. Failure to do so may affect your eligibility to apply in the future.
- Grants will be reviewed four times per year at the Board of Directors’ quarterly meetings. Approved grants will be awarded approximately 3 weeks after each meeting. Application deadlines and meeting dates can be found on Jakeshelpfromheaven.org.